I can honestly say I have never had sangria before.
A few years ago, one of my wedding clients was serving their grandmother’s sangria at their wedding and told me to make sure I grabbed myself a glass. Well, I didn’t. Something about getting buzzed at a wedding and then taking professional wedding photos didn’t seem like a good idea at the time. I can’t remember why now…
Sangria is a common beverage in Spain and typically consists of fruit, wine, and a small amount of brandy. When recipes began popping up on my Pinterest, I happily saved them despite never actually drinking sangria myself. They looked way too amazing not to be delicious.
Recently, I just decided to try it. I made my own recipe using some of my favorite things, and threw them all in a pitcher overnight. Okay, okay, I drank some six hours later. But let me tell ya, it’s WAY better the next day so it’s important to let it refrigerate overnight. Otherwise, it just tastes like wine and berries.
Berry Good Sangria
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 1 bottle Pinot Gris
- 1 bottle Brut Champagne
- Place blueberries and raspberries in the bottom of a jar or pitcher.
- Gently (so you don't smoosh the berries) pour in the pinot gris.
- Let sit overnight in the fridge.
- When ready to drink, pour berries and wine into glass and top off with champagne.
- Grab and book and a hammock!