About 90 percent of my breakfasts are smoothies for many reasons:
- They’re fast to make and to drink!
- They’re portable which is great when you have to run out the door.
- They’re healthy when made with fresh ingredients and greens.
- They’re delicious!
I often make up recipes using whatever ingredients are on sale at my local grocery store. Lately, I’ve been on a grapefruit kick. They don’t give me heartburn like oranges do and they are refreshing in the morning!
- 1 banana
- 1 Texas grapefruit
- 1 small handful baby spinach
- 5-6 ice cubes
- Slice grapefruit in half and juice one of the halves.
- Peel the other half and place it, and all the other ingredients, into a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth, drink immediately.